Re: [Chicken-users] help needed on egg repository maintenance

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] help needed on egg repository maintenance
Date: 23 Aug 2007 15:39:04 -0300

Hi Felix and folks,

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 02:07:04 +0200 "felix winkelmann" <address@hidden> wrote:

> The time has come again, where I'm getting down on my knees
> humbly begging for help: keeping the egg repository in shape
> currently takes too much of the little time I have. I want to get a new
> release out, but the whole build situation and the texinfo manual
> integration makes this more labour-intensive than I expected.
>
> Would someone (the more the better) be willing to take an eye
> on the repository? It means waiting for an e-mail by the post-commit
> script and checking/repairing/kicking someone's ass in case
> something breaks.

Some further suggestions:

* have the e-mail address of each egg developer and send the author a
  message in case of breakage.

* egg developers can always use salmonella before checking the changes
  in the svn repo.  I think this action would dramatically reduce the
  number of failures.  Here's a tip:

$ salmonella '(chicken-setup-args (lambda () (string-append "-d -destdir "
(repo-test-dir) " -local chicken-eggs-repo-dir"))) (eggs (lambda () (list
"my-egg")))'

Replace chicken-eggs-repo-dir by the path to your local repository and
my-egg by the egg you want to test.

Alternatively, you can use an input file with the code above and pass
this file as argument to salmonella.  Example:

,----[ salmonella.conf ]
| (chicken-setup-args
|  (lambda ()
|    (string-append "-d -destdir " (repo-test-dir)
|                   " -local chicken-eggs-repo-dir")))
|
| (eggs (lambda () (list "my-egg")))
`----

$ salmonella salmonella.conf