Re: [Chicken-users] (gc) == (gc #t)?

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] (gc) == (gc #t)?
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 23:15:22 -0400

Graham Fawcett scripsit:

> If there are no objections, I'll modify the wiki, so that the last
> sentence reads, "An explicit #t argument will also cause all pending
> finalizers to be executed."

Very well, but I believe this API is atrocious, and an excellent
case of why boolean arguments are a Bad Thing generally -- there
so often turns out to be a tertium quid of some sort.

I'd rather see a ticket that asks for something like (gc 'minor),
(gc 'major), and (gc 'finalize).

--
Evolutionary psychology is the theory           John Cowan
that men are nothing but horn-dogs,             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan