Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken on the phone!

From: Shawn Rutledge
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken on the phone!
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:11:02 -0700

Cool!

Over several evenings I did it the long way around, like this:

0) get NAT working on my desktop, so the phone has Internet access
when it's connected via USB
1) reformat a MicroSD card as ext3
2) copy everything from /usr to that card
3) mount the card as /usr (and change /etc/fstab so it will always do
that) - this way I am not using up all the flash on the phone (which
is nowhere near enough for the stuff below), but I can revert to the
default /usr anytime by just unmounting it
4) ipkg install task-native-sdk
5) download and compile cmake (that took a long time and quite a lot
of space) and install
6) download chicken, ccmake, make, make install
7) chicken-setup now works - I can compile eggs on the phone (slowly of course)

But there is no swig on the phone yet, and no package for it.  Now I'm
trying to use the MokoMakefile to get my OE stuff set up and build the
whole image.  We'll see if I get far enough to build swig or Chicken
via BitBake.