[Chicken-users] BOM in a Scheme source file

From: Shawn Rutledge
Subject: [Chicken-users] BOM in a Scheme source file
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 18:15:28 -0700

If I save a Scheme source file from Scite (my usual editor) in UTF8
mode, it writes the Byte Order Marker at the beginning (EF BB BF).  If
I load it like this

csi myfile.scm

I get

Error: unbound variable: ||

But if I delete the BOM using a hex editor and try again, csi seems to
assume it's UTF8 anyway (Cyrillic strings are interpreted properly).
Likewise if I first start up csi, then load and import the utf8 egg,
then try to load my file, I still get the same error.