[Chicken-users] Choosing a programming language for a web project

From: Jean-Philippe Théberge
Subject: [Chicken-users] Choosing a programming language for a web project
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 10:23:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Chicken users!

I will be the main developper for a new high-scale, database intensive
web-based application. The nature of the project call for a
object-orientated language with a good support for XML manipulation.

I'm in the process of choosing a programming language.  I am investigating
PHP5, Python, Ruby and, of course, Scheme.

So any inputs, advices or ideas from the chicken community are welcome.

I would really like to select Chicken-Scheme but I need stronger reasons
than "because hacking in scheme is fun".

Thanks,

--
Jean-Philippe Théberge
Programmeur-Architecte