Re: [Chicken-users] Choosing a programming language for a web project

From: Jean-Philippe Théberge
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Choosing a programming language for a web project
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 20:50:31 -0400 (EDT)

<quote who="Kon Lovett">

> On Sep 29, 2007, at 7:23 AM, Jean-Philippe Théberge wrote:
>
>> Hi Chicken users!
>>
>> I will be the main developper for a new high-scale, database intensive
>> web-based application. The nature of the project call for a
>> object-orientated language with a good support for XML manipulation.
>>
> <snip>
>> So any inputs, advices or ideas from the chicken community are
>> welcome.
>
> How important is Windows as a delivery platform?

Not at all as it is web-based (and hosted on a debian server).
It is not impossible, at some point in the future, that client software
will be developped but it will more than probably communicate to the
server via http (something like SOAP I guess) and will not compute much on
it's own.

--
Jean-Philippe Théberge
Programmeur-Architecte