Re: [Chicken-users] Choosing a programming language for a web project

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Choosing a programming language for a web project
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 21:32:46 -0400

Jean-Philippe Théberge scripsit:

> I guess (but maybe I'm wrong) that in some case, code written directly in
> C will be better than the C generated by chicken.

Floating-point code is not good, it's true, because Chicken boxes all
floats, but Web development doesn't need much of that.  Integer processing
loses something by being in Chicken, but almost everything else is about
as good in Chicken as in C, I'd say.

> How is the readeability of the chicken generated C?

I would say that you can eventually decipher it with practice, but it
is certainly not meant for readability.  Furthermore, each Scheme procedure
is broken into many C procedures with arbitrary names.

--
First known example of political correctness:   John Cowan
After Nurhachi had united all the other         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan