Re: [Chicken-users] Choosing a programming language for a web project

From: Matthew Welland
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Choosing a programming language for a web project
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 07:46:58 -0700

On Tuesday 02 October 2007 12:11:09 am felix winkelmann wrote:
> On 10/2/07, Graham Fawcett <address@hidden> wrote:
> > That, I think, is about as minimal as you can get, while still being
> > "robust" and being flexible enough to accommodate many protocols and
> > many app frameworks.
>
> I think the power of personal mini-frameworks is greatly
> underappreciated. Truly elegant solutions emerge like this - it's once
> they are generalized to a common mediocrity and stuffed with features
> they become buggy, awkward to use and more and more useless.

This is exactly what I learned in my "Tour de Frameworks". I think it would
be great if there was a range of *thin* frameworks available for Chicken
that gave folks a variety of starting points to accomodate different needs
and styles.

I am no longer a believer in heavy weight "do it all" frameworks.

Matt