Re: [Chicken-users] egg creation - documentation and finishing touches h

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] egg creation - documentation and finishing touches help needed
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 10:03:30 -0700

On Oct 9, 2007, at 9:26 AM, Terrence Brannon wrote:

I need some mentoring to get my first egg finished.

See http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br/eggs%20tutorial

Documentation - what is the protocol for documenting an egg? It looks
like an external HTML file is supplied, but is there some text->html
converter?

Wiki form is preferred now.

Testing - how do I test this egg before uploading it? There doesnt
seem to be a way to point chicken-setup at a local egg.

If there is a directory "test" in the egg w/ "run.scm" chicken-setup will run it.

As to the test framework: see http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br/Eggs% 20Unlimited#Unit-testing

I would suggest 'testeez'. 'testbase' is hard to understand at first, but worth the trouble. Unpack, say, 'array-lib', to see an example.

Upload - how/where do I upload it?

Here is a link to the egg as far as I have taken it -
    http://fyodor.hcoop.net/~terry/tmp/matpak.egg