Re: [Chicken-users] On parameterize and fluid-let

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] On parameterize and fluid-let
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 07:55:00 -0700

On Oct 15, 2007, at 7:47 AM, Mark Fredrickson wrote:

On 10/15/07, Tobia Conforto <address@hidden> wrote:
Mark Fredrickson wrote:
... we can see the macro expansion of parameterize using dynamic- wind. Dynamic-wind will call the function g6 before and after control enters
or leaves the thunk, by call/cc, the basis of threads in chicken

No, I believe threads are orthogonal to continuations.

I was basing this analysis on a single line of text from the
call/cc.org page. (It comprises my entire understanding of threads in
chicken):

"Lightweight threads based on first-class continuations"

If this does not mean that threads are a implemented as continuations,
what does it mean?

"... based on first-class continuations" but w/ extra stuff. A 'thread' is not a 'continuation', it has a continuation.

-M