Re: [Chicken-users] the effect of set! on the top-level namespace

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] the effect of set! on the top-level namespace
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:07:09 -0400

Tobia Conforto scripsit:

> Note: this might or might not be how Chicken actually handles things
> (probably not, I dunno) it's just a very introductory answer to a
> generic Scheme question.

It may be worth pointing out here, that Chicken allows you to set!
a variable that has not been defined.  R5RS allows either behavior,
and some Schemes will report an error if you say (set! a 32) where a
has not been mentioned in a (define a).

--
My confusion is rapidly waxing          John Cowan
For XML Schema's too taxing:            address@hidden