Re: [Chicken-users] XML-RPC and authentication

From: Thomas Christian Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] XML-RPC and authentication
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:49:17 +0200

Thomas Christian Chust wrote:

> felix winkelmann wrote:
>
>> On 10/22/07, Thomas Christian Chust <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>> I wondered whether there was a way to transmit a custom header with
>>> every request sent by the XML-RPC egg, which would enable me to use
>>> basic HTTP authentication.
>>
>> [...]
>> I don't think this is supported, but it shouldn't be hard to add: see the
>> code for "xml-rpc:server", which passes a few headers to
>> "http:send-request".
>
> [...]
> As it is well possible that you do not want to pass the optional port /
> path arguments but do want to pass the user / password arguments, I
> think it would be nicer to turn the latter argument pair into keyword
> arguments. This wouldn't even change the documented API ;-)

Hello,

I have modified the xml-rpc egg and tagged a new version 1.14. the
following has changed:

  * HTTPS-URLs are now correctly handled.
  * While user and password information directly encoded in the URL
    still takes precedence over that specified by additional arguments
    to xml-rpc:server, the arguments are used if the URL does not
    specify this information.
  * User and password are now keyword arguments to xml-rpc:server, while
    port and path remain optional arguments.
  * Another keyword argument attributes has been added to support the
    addition of arbitrary headers to the requests.
  * The user, password and attributes arguments have been documented.

cu,
Thomas