Re: [Chicken-users] daemonize egg: redirect I/O?

From: Elf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] daemonize egg: redirect I/O?
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 05:43:40 -0700 (PDT)

grok that. im trying to get chicken working in visual studio. this does not rate amongst the 'fun' things i have done. yay work requiring ms os.

-elf

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Alex Queiroz wrote:

Hallo,

On 10/26/07, Elf <address@hidden> wrote:

heh, none of these are going to work everywhere.  all posix extensions are
custom.  the only i/o procs in the standard are call-with-[input|output]file,
with-[input|output]-to-file, current-[input|output]-port, [input|output]-file?,
[open|close]-[input|output]-file, write, display, read, load, eof-object?,
newline, and the lovely and never implemented transcript-[on|off].  i know
im missing some (character one, prolly), but the point is that the standard
basically only says 'you need to be able to interact with the system' in terms
of its i/o specification.  there has never been a general posix.1003 or posix.2
srfi submitted (or at least there has never been one posted).

    Yes, that's why a low-level egg is needed that uses POSIX where
available and (sigh) the Win32 API in Windows systems. In the ideal
world I would use only POSIX OSes, but unfortunately I can't and I'd
rather use scheme everywhere.