Re: [Chicken-users] daemonize egg: redirect I/O?

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] daemonize egg: redirect I/O?
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:10:16 +0100

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 10:24:44AM +0100, felix winkelmann wrote:
> On 10/31/07, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >
> > > The "exit" will not invoke any pending dynamic-wind thunks
> >
> > Why not?  Shouldn't it?  IMHO it violates POLA not to do so.
>
> Because it might not be desired.

Why wouldn't it if you use dynamic-wind?  The thunk is exited by
calling (exit), isn't it?  So I would *expect* it to call the 'after'
part of the dynamic-wind.  Just from reading the standard I would never
consider the possibility that a program ever leaves the thunk without
calling the 'after' part.

People use dynamic-wind because they *want* the 'after' part to be called
whenever the thunk is exited.

> It shouldn't. And I don't know who POLA is, nor did I meeet her before.

$ wtf is POLA
POLA: principle of least astonishment

Peter
--