Re: cross-compilation, part II - Re: [Chicken-users] cross compilation w

From: john
Subject: Re: cross-compilation, part II - Re: [Chicken-users] cross compilation with 2.7
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 14:31:00 +0000

I notice in chicken-config.h

#ifndef C_TARGET_CC
# define C_TARGET_CC "arm=linux-gcc"
#endif
#ifndef C_TARGET_CXX
# define C_TARGET_CXX "arm=linux-g++"
#endif

I don't seem to be able to override these from the command line. My make was:

make PLATFORM=linux TARGET_PREFIX=$HOME/moko/arm-chicken
TARGET_CC=/home/john/moko/build/tmp/cross/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc
TARGET_CXX=/home/john/moko/build/tmp/cross/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++
PREFIX=$HOME/moko/arm-cross-chicken TARGET_RUN_PREFIX=/usr/local

Btw, I am just building directly from the trunk which worked fine for
building the ARM version of Chicken. The cross Chicken also built this
way. I am not actually sure how to build a tarball from the trunk. I
did not find a rule for 'make dist'. No doubt I am doing something
daft as this is the first time I have tried the new build system since
autoconf.

Cheers,

John.