Re: cross-compilation, part II - Re: [Chicken-users] cross compilation w

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: cross-compilation, part II - Re: [Chicken-users] cross compilation with 2.7
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 07:42:10 +0100

On Nov 6, 2007 3:31 PM, john <address@hidden> wrote:
> I notice in chicken-config.h
>
> #ifndef C_TARGET_CC
> # define C_TARGET_CC "arm=linux-gcc"
> #endif
> #ifndef C_TARGET_CXX
> # define C_TARGET_CXX "arm=linux-g++"
> #endif

This must be a typo in the make invocation.

> I don't seem to be able to override these from the command line. My make was:
>
> make PLATFORM=linux TARGET_PREFIX=$HOME/moko/arm-chicken
> TARGET_CC=/home/john/moko/build/tmp/cross/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc
> TARGET_CXX=/home/john/moko/build/tmp/cross/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++
> PREFIX=$HOME/moko/arm-cross-chicken TARGET_RUN_PREFIX=/usr/local

Replace TARGET_CC and TARGET_CXX with TARGET_C_COMPILER and
TARGET_CXX_COMPILER, respectively. Alternatively, put .../cross/bin into
your path and set TARGET=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi.

> Btw, I am just building directly from the trunk which worked fine for
> building the ARM version of Chicken. The cross Chicken also built this
> way. I am not actually sure how to build a tarball from the trunk. I
> did not find a rule for 'make dist'.

There is no dist target, in the moment. Run

csi -s misc/makedist.scm

instead.