Re: [Chicken-users] chicken bug?

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken bug?
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 16:49:21 -0500

naruto canada scripsit:

> Hold on, I fix the problem.
> I get it now, chicken can't handle "begin" as a parameter,
> it thinks it's a scheme keyword "begin", as a begin block.

I believe that to be a bug.  Here's a test case:

#;1> (define x (lambda (begin) (+ 2 begin)))
#;2> (x 3)
Error: call of non-procedure: 3

        Call history:

        <syntax>                (x 3)
        <eval>          (x 3)
        <eval>          [x] (begin (+ 2 begin))
        <eval>          [x] (+ 2 begin) <--

The compiler malfunctions in the same way.

I tried that in scsh and guile, and they had no problems with it.

--
A rabbi whose congregation doesn't want         John Cowan
to drive him out of town isn't a rabbi,         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan