[Chicken-users] gettings roots (and multiplier) of a polynomial equation

From: Terrence Brannon
Subject: [Chicken-users] gettings roots (and multiplier) of a polynomial equation and vice versa + Gnu Scientific Library
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 16:29:23 -0500

I'm wondering if I overlooked an egg that can do this:

1 - given the (real) coefficients of all terms of a polynomial
equation, it returns the roots and multiplier representation of it:

For example, the polynomial 2x + 2x^2 factors down to 2 * (x-(-1))(x-0),
so the multiplier is 2 and the roots are 0 and -1

2 - also, as vice versa, given the multiplier and roots, I would like
to be able to generate the real coefficents

so, given 2 as multiiplier and 0 and -1 as roots, I would like to get

0 2 2 back since the polynomial is 0*1 + 2*x + 2*(x^2)

Note:
I ran into Jown Cowan's Q language interface, but would prefer
something with fewer external requirements.

No one has an interface to the Gnu Scientific Library in the works
right? If so, that would do the trick.