Re: [Chicken-users] Statically linkable eggs request

From: Peter Wright
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Statically linkable eggs request
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:08:14 +0900

On 19/11 14:06:12, Ivan Raikov wrote:
> Would it be possible to modify chicken-setup to ignore all static
> declarations when the build platform is Mac OS X? It is pretty
> annoying to have to comment out all the static stuff every time I am
> installing eggs on that platform.

Is there a problem with building eggs statically on Mac OS X?

...Well, I'm presuming from the way you put it that there *is* :), but
I'm more interested re: what it is and/or how serious it is.

I don't use Mac OS X at the moment, but I'd like to think that the
software I'm writing _could_ be built/distributed on Mac OS X at some
point in the future. :)

>     -Ivan

Thanks for any info - pointing me to another mailing list thread
(or a wiki page) would be fine.

Pete.
--
No, I don't want reviewers to give away my endings. I also don't want
them to give away my middles. I would prefer it if they didn't blab