Re: [Chicken-users] Installing as non-root fails with Chicken 2.732

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Installing as non-root fails with Chicken 2.732
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:24:47 +0100

On Nov 27, 2007 7:55 PM, Tero Kukola <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I guess the info stuff was the only thing that it didn't install.
> Despite the make status is okay it looks very much like an error (e.g. a
> valid error accidentally suppressed).

Actually it is an invalid error intentionally suppressed: installinfo
always wants to create a backup file in /var/..., regardless of
the installation destination. The makefile rule is prefixed with "-" and
will not abort the "make" run. This is idiotic behaviour on the part
of installinfo.

Your installation was ok, only the info file isn't in the proper place.