Re: [Chicken-users] chicken scheme + gui on Nokia n800 or n810?

From: john
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken scheme + gui on Nokia n800 or n810?
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 10:26:55 +0000

If you want to build Chicken for the Nokia N*** devices just install
scratchbox. You can cross compile eggs with that also. Chicken runs
nicely on the N770 etc. You can then just manually copy over what you
need or package it.

It is also possible to cross compile eggs if you follow Felix's
instructions on the wiki for cross compilation. This is what I do on
OpenMoko. On my Nokia I would build with scratchbox though.

In terms of GUI, well I just use GTK+ as IMO it is fairly high-level
and abstracted enough from raw C that it is pretty easy to use. You
also get the benefit of cut 'n pasting a lot of pre-written code if
you go this route. Chicken embeds easily into a GTK+ app. I just do
the interface code in GTK+ and backend in Chicken.

Cheers,

John.