Re: [Chicken-users] exact fractions

From: Rick Taube
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] exact fractions
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 09:54:26 -0600

The option is to load the numbers egg, in which case you actually have
exact-fraction arithmetic.

I plan on shipping chicken in a drag 'n drop application where users wont even necessarily know scheme -- is it possible to build-in eggs into the chicken lib i link to, or to redirect loading precompiled eggs to a repository under my app directory? if either of those are possible that would be great.

on the other hand, it seems to me that if chicken doesnt want people to type 1/2 unless the numbers egg is loaded then it should signal an error, otherwise, if it doesnt care, then it shouldnt continually nag them about it so that they cant do it unless they go hack the system's code and rebuild. for example, sbcl nags all the time but you can gag it without rebuilding the system, by doing (muffle- warnings ...)