Re: [Chicken-users] Cocoa Bridge and Chicken gui repl

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Cocoa Bridge and Chicken gui repl
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:43:34 -0000

On Nov 29, 2007, at 11:00 AM, Glen Foy wrote:

Hi,

I've been working with the ObjC egg and Cocoa.  It is exceedingly
cool to be able to use Interface Builder with Scheme!  Thanks for
making this available.

In browsing the archives I came across this old post:

< http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/chicken-app.dmg

> It's really pretty bad: evaluation can't be interrupted (suggestion:
> eval code in each document in a different thread and somehow
> do some CFRunLoop funkyness to check for an interrupt key- combination),
> there is no online help (opening Safari on chicken.html should do)
> and handling input from stdin is not supported (since the current
> selection is eval'd, so there is no real stdin). Moreover it doesn't
> use the objc egg, which removes the dependency
> on objc and libffi, but it might be prefereable to use the wonderful
> objc bridge.

The link no longer exists.  Has anyone done any further work on this?

Sort of, not really. Attached are the current projects.

Thanks a heap,
Glen