[Chicken-users] reading available data from a port

From: minh thu
Subject: [Chicken-users] reading available data from a port
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 09:19:25 +0100

Hi,

1/
I use tcp-connect to get i and o.
If I do (read-line i), it works if there is actually a \n.
If I do (read-string a-number i), it works if I don't try to get more
than available data.
(Assume the i isn't closed because the server will write later.)

How do I get what is already present ?
Should I instead use read-token until I have all what I want ?

2/
Actually, what is to be read from i in 1/ is something like <tag ...>.
Note the ending </tag> will appear later after some enclosed elements.
(This is an XML stream defined by XMPP core (rfc3920).)
Is it possible to use SSAX to read just an opening tag ?

Thanks a lot and merry christmas !
thu