Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Debian slander?

From: Peter Busser
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Debian slander?
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 22:38:00 +0100

Hi!

> Chicken combines an optimising Scheme compiler with a reasonably
> fast interpreter.  It supports most of R5RS and the important SRFIs.
> The compiler generates highly portable C code and supports tail recursion,

I would get rid of the words that add little or no real value, like
"highly" in the above sentence.

> The active and helpful Chicken community fixes bugs quickly and
> has contributed hundreds of Chicken libraries that make the programmer's
> task much easier.

The same goes for "much".

I wouldn't say that the community fixes bugs quickly. Because it raises
people's expectations. If these expectations aren't met, people get
disappointed. It is better to set low expectations and then to exceed
them, then to set high expectations and to disappoint people.

I think that the community not only fixes bugs and contributes
libraries, but also provides support.

Are there any notable free software (or otherwise) projects in which Chicken
plays an important role?

Groetjes,
Peter.