Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Debian slander?

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Debian slander?
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 10:28:10 +0900

  I do believe that the Stalin compiler supports general tail
recursion. Are you sure that you are talking about recent versions of
Stalin?

  The new version is better, but I still think that "... hundreds of
Chicken libraries ..." deserves its own sentence. Do you think you can
break up the sentence "The active and helpful ... " into something
more concise and manageable?

Oh, and apparently, "compliant" means that a system provides partial
support for a standard, and "conformant" means that a system has been
formally tested (and passed) against all requirements of the
standard. So it would be correct to say that Chicken is
R5RS-compliant, but not that it is R5RS-conformant, at least according
to the explanation in this blog post:

http://blogs.windriver.com/wilson/2006/11/compliance_vs_c.html