Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Debian slander?

From: Alex Shinn
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Debian slander?
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:25:14 +0900

On Dec 28, 2007 10:15 AM, John Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Saying that Chicken is R5RS-compliant is simply false advertising.
> It isn't.  There is a whole section in the manual on deviations from
> the standard.  It's "good enough" compliant.

$ csi -case-insensitive -R numbers -R syntactic-closures

That addresses the major deviations (although the full numeric
tower is'nt even required for a conformant implementation).

The other deviations seem to be backwards-compatible
extensions or just clarifications of compiler limitations that one
wouldn't consider breaking conformancy.

The EVAL limitation is the only thing I consider true non-conformance,
and that can be handled with the sandbox egg.  Oh, and
transcript-on and transcript-off, but no one cares about them.

--
Alex