Re: [Chicken-users] PyFFI

From: Ozzi
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] PyFFI
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 12:34:00 -0600

That fixed it for 2.3.4.

When I changed pyflags to:

(define pyflags
(map cons (list "-I/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Headers -F/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/") (list "-framework Python")))

it wouldn't compile until I removed the #if directives around the definition of DecRef and IntRef in pyffi-support.scm.

Now it compiles, but running

(use pyffi) (py-start) (py-import "sys") (py-eval "sys.version")

still gives me 2.3.5.

Do you know how to get it to compile and run against my MacPorts version of
Python?

Thanks for the help. Hopefully this will benefit others besides myself as well.

Oz

Ivan Raikov wrote:
  Well, I just discovered that on the Mac system I was testing pyffi
on, there is both Python 2.3.5 and 2.4, and even though python -V
returns 2.3.5, the "-framework Python" option causes the pyffi library
to be linked with Python 2.4. I have created a new version of pyffi
that provides its own definitions of DecRef/IncRef when used with
Python 2.3. Please check the Eggs Unlimited page to see when pyffi 2.5
is available, and try it again.

   -Ivan

Ozzi <address@hidden> writes:

Yeah, python's 2.3.5.