Re: [Chicken-users] Adding (system->string) somewhere

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Adding (system->string) somewhere
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 18:43:31 -0600

On Jan 15, 2008 6:08 PM, Kon Lovett <address@hidden> wrote:
> > [Zb wrote:]
> > If with-input-from-pipe were to
> > optionally take a list as first argument, and (if a list) open a pipe
> > bypassing the shell in this manner, that might be something worth
> > looking into.

> osprocess does this. Whether it is a "nice wrapper" is arguable.

IIRC osprocess does what process does, just gives you more
control--but both are multi-step processes.  I was thinking a wrapper
along the lines of the with-* procedures.  Or modifying
open-input-pipe to call ##sys#process instead of popen() when there's
a list involved.  It's useful enough in Perl that there's a special
syntax for this, and I have used it heavily.  If I ever need it in
Chicken I'll make an egg.