[Chicken-users] Re: repository branching

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: repository branching
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 15:04:09 +0100

On Jan 16, 2008 11:59 AM, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:

> So it is recommended not to commit anything until the branching
> is complete. It will only be one or two days, depending on whether
> any problems come up.

The repository has now been branched successfully (I hope).  Salmonella
reports look good and it can be committed again. Please note that from now
on you have to chose for which release you want eggs to be updated:
any commits to the old egg directories (as well as creating new egg directories)
will be only available for pre 3.0.0 chickens. Chickens version 3.0.0rc1 and
higher donwload eggs from a different location, which is fed from commits
to the release/3 repository branch. If you want to maintain eggs for both
releases, you will have to merge manually.

Many thanks to Mario Domenech Goulart for his tireless assistance and advice.

Chicken 3.0.0rc1 is in trunk now. It can be used (and contains several
bugfixes).
It will be released in the next days.