Re: [Chicken-users] Sedna experiences?

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Sedna experiences?
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 22:37:51 +0100

On Jan 22, 2008 10:21 PM, Graham Fawcett <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Chicken has a "sedna" egg, for communicating with a Sedna XML database
> ( http://modis.ispras.ru/sedna/index.htm ). I was wondering if anyone
> on the list is using Sedna in a production environment, and might be
> able to comment on its effectiveness and efficiency?
>
> Ultimately, I'm looking for a stable, featureful structured-data
> store, preferably with full-text search capabilities. Sedna fits the
> description, but I would be happy to hear of other similar systems you
> might have used.

I have not used it for real work, and only while helping with an earlier
version. It appeared quite stable and in the hands of a someone with
DBMS experience it should perform well. But I'm not one of those
(personally I can live with plain files, hash-tables and perhaps gdbm).

The maintainers are very helpful, I must say.