[Chicken-users] choosing right timezone for future date

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: [Chicken-users] choosing right timezone for future date
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:57:59 -0500

Hi folks,

This may not be Chicken-specific, but is there an existing library
that, given a date (year,month,day) and given the current locale, will
tell me the timezone in which the date falls? I'm in the EST zone, but
during warmer months, dates fall within the EDT zone. I'd like to be
able to create a date and have the library provide the correct
timezone. (Unix-specific answers are OK.)

I can't find anything in SRFI-19 to help me here. Using date(1), I can
do 'date -d "yyyymmdd" +%z' but that seems silly...

Date-challenged-ly yours,
Graham