Re: [Chicken-users] Re: A few questions

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: A few questions
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:43:57 -0500

Elf scripsit:

> simplest arity is a pair, int . bool, required args and rest?.

Better yet, return two values.

> optionals present a problem: do we want to keep defaults, names, or just
> ordering?

I don't much care; the above would be plenty for me, as it allows you
to correctly invoke the function via apply.  The documentation issue
isn't so important.

> additionally, whats the arity of case-lambda?  or of parameters?

In both cases, it's 0 with rest params.  Case-lambda is a macro, not
something fundamental.

--
Go, and never darken my towels again!           John Cowan
        --Rufus T. Firefly                      http://ccil.org/~cowan