Re: [Chicken-users] multiple values in chicken

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] multiple values in chicken
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:52:02 -0600

The program is identical and generated by the same compiler (SVN head) with -Ob
and the stack size is identical (128k).  We saw it was very fast on a Pentium M
and an Athlon 1600 on Linux, and it was very slow on a 2GHz Core 2 Duo (OS X),
an unknown OS X box and a PPC (probably OS X).  I wonder if someone could try
this on a ~2GHz Core 2 Duo under Linux for a direct comparison.

The fast versions incur about 10 GCs, the slow ones hundreds.  Despite this,
virtually no time (< 0.5s) is clocked to GC according to (time).

In short, I have no idea.