Re: [Chicken-users] multiple values in chicken

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] multiple values in chicken
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 21:24:49 -0600

Thanks Shawn.  Your results are really similar to Ivan's Xeon, which was
running 64-bit.  You both had a huge number of major GCs, in the 6-7k
range.  I believe that you are seeing not only the effect of the stack frame
difference we're seeing on certain 32-bit systems, but also the double
word size of 64-bit machines.

If you were to rerun your binary with a double-size stack (256k) to
account for the 64-bit words, I bet your GCs would go down substantially.

Try:
$ ./shinn -:s256k