Re: [Chicken-users] egg documentation

From: Elf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] egg documentation
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:10:48 -0800 (PST)

putting in my two cents (sorry for the delay, i didnt read the list today yet)
i am working on a documentation system to replace eggdocs, straight-wiki, and
chicken-man simultaneously.  this is not to say or imply in any way that there
wont be web files on callcc!  the goal of the system is to be able to generate
the documentation for chicken in any form, searchable via net or within the
interpreter or as a pdf or texi or WHATEVER, while enforcing some consistency
in presentation. this will (hopefully) make it easier to a) document both eggs and core, b) keep the documentation up to date, c) reduce duplication of effort, and d) reduce the learning curve. this is NOT a replacement for the
wiki, however; certain things can and SHOULD be wikiised.

a full (semi)formal specification will follow, hopefully later tonight.  the
specification is intended as an rfc, not as an elf-says-so-its-set-in-stone,
obviously.

-elf