Re: [Chicken-users] egg documentation

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] egg documentation
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:36:59 +0900

  I don't understand why is everyone trying to come up with the Mother
of all Documentation Systems all the time. For the time being, can't
we just agree on having two documentation standards for Chicken: wiki
(for simple documentation) and eggdoc (for complex documentation with
examples, tutorials, etc.). Then we could gradually add eggdoc-like
markup to stream-wiki to the point where it would be easy to write a
script that automatically converts eggdoc to wiki. Of course, this
still doesn't solve the problem with not having the documentation
available in the SVN repository. So any automatic operation on the
repository, such as building Debian packages for the eggs cannot work
without manual intervention. Unless someone has a very clear and
detailed idea about to deal with this, I will ask you to defer
grandiose ideas about converting all documentation in the world to the
ultimate and bestest format.

   -Ivan