Re: [Chicken-users] Debian packages for some eggs now available

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Debian packages for some eggs now available
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:46:28 +0900

  Well, the Debian egg packages can be easily converted to RPM by the
alien program, but there might be slight differences in how each RPM
distribution does its library version numbering. E.g. the estraier egg
depends on libestraier8 package in Debian, but that could be named
something completely different in RedHat, Suse and so on. The main
Chicken packages and the eggs that do not have dependencies external
to Chicken can be easily converted to and installed as RPMs, though.

    -Ivan