Re: [Chicken-users] Compromise Hackathon Doc Proposal

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Compromise Hackathon Doc Proposal
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 09:26:55 +0100

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 10:25:35PM -0600, Mark Fredrickson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 1. Our primary focus is on updating documentation where it currently
> resides (wiki, svn, etc) in the format it currently uses. Getting the
> documentation that exists current is a big task as it is. Let's not
> worry about moving documentation just yet.

Yes, this is one of the things I put on the wiki page.  Could you
(and others, of course) add concrete points where documentation is
missing/incomplete/out of date to the wiki page?

An important part about a Hackathon is that there is a concrete list
of things to get done.

> 4. Let's try to dedicate some time to infrastructure improvements:
> Mario suggested expanding SVN wiki tags, it sounds like the *-commit
> hooks could use a refactoring, etc. As Zbigniew said, infrastructure
> lasts.

Good idea.  Could you please add these points to the wiki page?

> There are a lot of smart people on this list with good ideas. Like
> Ivan, I'm a Scheme fan for the wild-west aspect. I'm not tied to any
> programming paradigm. I can experiment with many styles. I think we
> should take a similar attitude towards our documentation. :-)

For now, I think this is the best way to go.  The bikeshed discussion
is going nowhere.  (unless Elf comes up with something we can agree on)

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx