Re: [Chicken-users] Idea feedback

From: john
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Idea feedback
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 21:42:21 +0000

Yes, I remember talk of dbus! Any progress Shawn?

I am actually doing what you describe now and embedding Chicken to C
to handle s-expressions and bit stuffing them (packedobjects). I was
curious though to examine ways of removing the dependency of Chicken
from the graphical client and using dbus to communicate with another
entity that handles the s-expressions. Removing Chicken would simplify
building the graphical client on the mobile. The problem is just moved
to another place and hidden from C developers who could focus on the
client. If that makes sense.

Regards,

John.