Re: [Chicken-users] Idea feedback

From: john
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Idea feedback
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 23:49:02 +0000

This is what I do now. I actually package Chicken for the mobile which
installs the shared library. I was looking at a cleaner separation so
one app remained C without FFI code (or knowledge of Chicken) the
other remained Chicken (with knowledge of D-Bus). The interface
between the two being D-Bus. I am quite possibly trying to over
engineer something here but interested in the alternatives to
embedding. I would like to tell John Doe, you write this C app that
talks to D-Bus. John Doe is happy as he knows how to talk to D-Bus
from his C app and has never heard of Chicken or Scheme or
s-expressions. John Doe does not need to care beyond that point how
the data is encoded/sent/decoded/received and can build his app the
way he knows how.

Regards,

John.