[Chicken-users] aliases in the wiki

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: [Chicken-users] aliases in the wiki
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 10:11:30 -0800

I have tweaked a bit the code in Svnwiki a bit to support defining
aliases for functions in the wiki.  My thinking is that (1) for all
procedures f, http://chicken.wiki.br/f should return something useful,
regardless of where f is defined and (2) we shouldn't have to
duplicate information in the wiki.

Here is how I do it:

$ ln -s 'stream-ext#stream-xcons' stream-xcons
$ svn add stream-xcons
$ svn ci -m "Creating link for procedure stream-xcons"

This causes accesses to http://chicken.wiki.br/stream-xcons to be
redirected to http://chicken.wiki.br/stream-ext#stream-xcons.  Go
ahead and try it.

As such, we don't have to split the eggs' documentation wiki files (or
documents in the manual) and we can still allow people to play with
URL hacking.

Feel free to create links such as those.  To make it even easier, you
can send me mails with the subject 'chicken wiki links' containing
lines of the form 'source-for-link destination#url' and I will define
those links.  If Mario or some other hackers can programatically
extract a list of such functions and their location in the wiki,
that'd be neat. :-)

Hopefully, in some time, http://chicken.wiki.br/some-random-function
will work most of the time.  I think that would be a bit useful.

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/

Ps: I'd like to thank Arhuaco who helped me a bit with the work
required to make this work.