Re: [Chicken-users] egg documentation

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] egg documentation
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:18:53 -0600

Just a comment: in eggdoc the name of the procedure / syntax etc. is taken as a
plain string -- e.g. "(stream-xcons a b)".  For HTML output, it is used
verbatim.  For texinfo output, which has special directives to mark functions,
this input is deconstructed into procedure name and arguments using (read), if
possible.  (See eggdoc-texinfo for more.)

For example, <procedure sig="(stream-xcons a b)"> ... </procedure>.

This could be considered a design flaw in eggdoc, as the semantics have to
be reconstructed.  But it was easier to type and didn't matter for HTML.

I think your proposal is fine, as any XML-based solution is going to
be verbose no matter what.