Re: [Chicken-users] egg documentation

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] egg documentation
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:36:34 -0600

I forgot to mention: if you accept a plain string you can also slim
down the overall representation considerably.  In the example below,
some will remark that you've no longer wrapped the procedure
description in a tag.  However, any reasonable parser should be able
to reconstruct this information heuristically--after all, we don't
require the user to wrap entire wiki sections in tags; we simply
reconstruct where they end.  Off the top of my head, you could
terminate reading the procedure description at the next procedure
or section tag.

In my opinion, moving the smarts to the parser reduces the
burden on the user quite a bit, with little semantic loss.

For example:

<proc>(stream-xcons a b)</proc>

Of utility only as a value to be conveniently passed to higher-order
procedures.

<proc>(stream-cons* a b)</proc>

Like stream, but the last argument provides the tail of the
constructed stream, returning: