Re: [Chicken-users] My language trajectory

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] My language trajectory
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:36:30 +0100

Hm... let's try to remember...

BASIC (Ti Basic, TI Extended Basic)
PASCAL (in School)
more BASIC
6502 machine code (decimal, later assembler)
C (long and intensively, but without real success)
Learned about Lisp (1.5 dialect, really)
Forth (a bit)
Smalltalk (temporarily)
Lisp
Common Lisp
Scheme
C++ (have to)
Lua

Still try to use Smalltalk occasionally, but there aren't any
really useful implementations.

But to get any work done, Scheme of course.

I am in the fortunate situation that I can use a lof
of Lua at work, even if it starts to show its warts,
the longer one uses it.

Still, everything is so much easier in Scheme...