Re: [Chicken-users] egg documentation

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] egg documentation
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:33:33 -0800

> I will take on this burden ;-)
>
> (wiki-db-update-symbols! db-file base-path file-path) -> boolean
>
> Would the absolute file pathname be (make-pathname base-path file-
> path)? Or is is file-path not relative? (If it isn't why the base path?)
>
> The "file" column is what? An absolute pathname, a relative pathname,
> a filename w/ extension, a filename w/o extension?
>
> I would use something similar to the process in the "source-xref" egg
> (un-released) to find the defined symbols. It provides a Chicken
> compiler 'user-post-analysis-pass'.

I would expect to call it as this:

  (wiki-db-update-symbols!
    (sqlite3:open *path-to-db*)
    "/tmp/svn-copy"
    "/stream-ext/trunk/stream-cons.scm")

Whenever a commit is made, I would call it once for every file
created, modified or deleted (ie. your function should check if the
file actually exists).  A tricky part is to correctly handle the cases
where a definition changes location (so you remove the old entry from
the table).  Also note that you should check that the beginning of the
file is not “/wiki” and the end is “.scm”.

I will probably ignore the return value.

Thanks!

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/