Re: [Chicken-users] egg documentation

From: Vincent Manis
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] egg documentation
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:52:38 -0800

On 2008 Feb 21, at 03:38, Alejandro Forero Cuervo wrote:

Sure, good thinking.  I've created this document:

 http://chicken.wiki.br/wiki-syntax-chicken

Suggestions would be appreciated. :-)

The page is much appreciated, and I now have a much better vision of how the markup is
going.

I hesitate to bring it up again, but can we please have some kind of indexing markup? I agree that much of the indexing can be done automatically from the <procedure> and similar tags, but, especially if we're going to use the new markup for the CHICKEN
manual, custom index entries will be absolutely necessary.

Here's my suggested syntax, keeping it XML-compliant:

  <indexentry major="List procedures" [minor="{{append}}"]
              [bold="yes|no"] [see="other topic"]/>

where the major and minor attributes refer to the major and minor levels of the index entry, bold indicates whether the current page number shall be boldfaced (representing a definition of the topic and see replaces the page number with
its operand, for `see also' type entries).

These entries would just be written to a file, and external code would then process
them to produce index pages or whatever.

Perhaps Alejandro's database of `where symbols in the wiki are documented' could
also be added to this external file?

Thanks for considering this! -- v