Re: [Chicken-users] aliases in the wiki

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] aliases in the wiki
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:43:06 +0100

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 12:34:17PM +0100, Felix Winkelmann wrote:
> From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] aliases in the wiki
> Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 03:27:11 -0800

> > > Could we please remove this? It makes a grep over the working
> > > copy impossible.
> >
> > Um, what happens if you append ???2>/dev/null??? at the end of your grep
> > commands?
> >
> > I fail to see how it makes anything impossible.
>
> I need hacks to make basic file-system utilities work. I can not
> use standard merging tools, for example.
>
> Please don't do this. Please.

How about this:
$ echo '[[[stream-ext#stream-xcons]]]' > stream-xcons
$ svn add stream-xcons
$ svn ci -m "Creating link for procedure stream-xcons"

It's semantically the same, it's just not using the OS to store the
link but it puts the link inside the file.  This also makes it easier to
manage the link from the 'edit' page on the wiki.  The syntax could be
different or the file could have a special svnwiki property set so it
knows that it's not an ordinary page, if needed.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx