Re: [Chicken-users] Unfair question: best Lisp for web development?

From: david krentzlin
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Unfair question: best Lisp for web development?
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:31:26 +0100

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:12:39 -0300
"Alex Queiroz" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Peter Bex <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> >
> >  This is no longer true according to David.  He tells me he has
> > fixed sendfile so it will work in Windows.  Or is there something
> > else that prevents Spiffy from working under Windows?  If so,
> > please create a ticket in Trac and I will investigate.
> >

>      Yes, I was talking about sendfile. As I am using a modified
> spiffy egg, I don't know  if the current sendfile solves the problem.
> I am going to take a look, though.
>
> Cheers,

Yeah i remember, we've talked about that on #chicken.
I merged the changes into the current release.
It should compile now. I'd be happy if you or someone that has a
windows-box at hand could confirm (or even deny) it.

The "downside" is that it will only work in a simplified mode.
It uses chickens "write" to send the data.
If you force anything other, which you could, it will fail telling you
that neither mmap nor sendfile(2) is available on your box.

I'm still thinking about a windows-implementation, possibly using
transmitfile, but this is kind of hard without having a windows-box to
test it.

cheers david