[Chicken-users] Revised Chapter 1 (reminder)

From: Vincent Manis
Subject: [Chicken-users] Revised Chapter 1 (reminder)
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 13:09:49 -0800

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a draft of a new version of Chapter 1 of
the manual, and asked for comments. There have been a few things added,
and I think that the new version is almost ready. There are still some
links to add, and a couple of more substantive things.

1. Someone added TODOs suggesting a discussion of MinGW and MinGW/ MSys builds; I would ask whoever did that to add a small amount of content,
     or perhaps a pointer to somewhere else, on those topics.
2. The section on editors/development environments is still incomplete,
     and currently covers only Emacs, Epsilon, and vim. If you have any
     other preferred editor/development environment, please add a few
     sentences about it. (Someone mentioned editing with proportional
fonts; I don't do it myself, but if anyone has any comments on that,
     they would be appreciated.)

I propose to remove all the TODOs at the beginning of next week, at which
point I would consider it suitable to become the new official Chapter 1.
Please take a moment and look at the draft before that time. Thanks!

The draft can be found at http://chicken.wiki.br/new-chapter1.

-- v